Beauty trick a day - multi tasking lipsticks

Strangely enough I have very few lipsticks, seems unbelievable since I have so many reds. But trust me I just have one pink (revlon) and I think I need to get some more..

I am giving a list of lipsticks I own (reds not included)

Maybelline Satin Chocolate Delight – Nude chocolate brown
Revlon Colorburst Soft Rose - Looks blueish pink on my skin
Bourjois – Noisette Irrationelle – Beige nude with shimmer

I swear by a nude lip liner to make the lipsticks stay on long, and swear by Nyx in soft brown. But any nude lip liner is a good investment as it can be layered under all your lippies. However I do not like to layer a nude lip liner under a red lip shade as it seems to lighten the colour a bit.

Here is how I get these to multitask (other than melting them for a new lipcolour ofcourse)

Nude look

Start with the nude lip liner. Fill in your lips , then I go over my lips with the Maybelline chocolate brown colour (it is the colour of cadbury bar) very lightly. I let it set , and blot. I follow this up with the Revlon color burst in soft rose to take away the excessive brown. Brown lipstick can make one look tired, unwell and often a little dead. I generally use brown lipsticks as a base. Or a very very light application using fingers to just give definition to my lips.

Most Indian skin tones find their perfect my lips but better shade by mixing brown with pink, next time you buy lipsticks carry the brown or pink you own and mix it with the other shade you are buying to see the results.

The same day -friendly nude look can be refreshed using Bourjois beige shimmery lipstick. This is a little paler than the aishwary rai's amber in Loreal. But texture wise I prefer this. This lipstick cannot be worn on its own, (for my skin tone even amber makes me look a little corpse bride-ish). I just apply some shimmer on my cupid's bow and centre of my lower lip, smudge the edges of shimmer with my fingers or a brush and I am good to do my smoky eye.

Whenever you apply shimmer in specific areas, make sure you blur the edges, otherwise it looks too obvious.

Summery bold lip for the day

Apply a base of foundation or concealer. Follow up with a matte red applied very lightly (I use spice red). Top it up with a pink. Voila you have fruity looking lips. You can use a creamy pink on top of the matte, or stick to the matte variety in pink to help create a stained look. Blot with a tissue. Apply gloss or lipbalm if the matte lip feels too mature for your tastes. I personally like wearing matte textures when wearing strong colours.

Orange lip

Apply concealer, and nude lip pencil. Follow it up with yellow toned red, blended well using a lipbrush. You have your very own orange red.
If red orange seems too risque then top it up with pink for coral lips.

I do intend to buy some more lipsticks, since I love lipsticks so. On my list of must buys are
Brique Rose - Chambor Matte
Golden goddess- Colorbar Matte

Please recommend some nice plums. Totally need them to complete the collection.

Comments

  1. hi brique rose is marvellous love it also a good plum could be yummy plummy from maybellune color sensationals .have a look

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a ton. will keep u posted on my shopping spree.. god save my bank balance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution