Beauty trick a day - Body and Face oil

So I was thinking of what to write, thought why not do a post on body oil to be made at home. Since I have covered face scrubs and body scrubs even lip scrubs. So here is my own two bits on body oil.

Sunflower oil - 2 cups
Rice oil - 1 cup
Coconut oil - 1/2 cup
Olive oil - 1/2 cup
Flaxseed oil- 1/2 cup
Oil from 2 vitamin E capsules
Essential oil - 10 -12 drops. (Rose, orange, lavender, sandal wood are some of my faves. You can combine all of these if you so wish)

Mix all these oils and store them in a bottle. Use when fresh out of a bath on slightly damp body. Sunflower oil and rice oil are used in cooking and are easily available. In winters you can add 1/2 cup sesame oil and 1/2 cup mustard oil in this mixture. Vitamin E oil has a smell and essential oils work well in masking it.

This recipe makes a huge batch of oil, the whole family can use it. Try using it within 6 months for best results. Also vitamin E oil being heavier will settle down. Do shake the bottle up well before using.

I want this body oil to be cheap , so if you notice the major oils listed are pretty cheap and easily available. Sunflower oil smoothens skin very nicely. Rice bran oil is said to be a big beauty ingredient in japanese beauty routine. It is said to have a lot of vitamin e. I also find Rice oil less oily if you know what I mean, it is light in nature so easy to massage in your skin when you are in a hurry to head out.

Face oil

This one is a little special

Olive oil - 4 tblsp
Almond oil - 2 tblsp
Wheatgerm oil - 2 tblsp
Rice oil - 4 tblsp

Mix all these and use before going to bed. I wash my face and apply this oil on damp skin. Then after 15 -20 mins I splash my face with some water and dab gently. This way I can nourish my oily skin without leaving oil on it.

I also mix a dash of this oil with some aloe vera gel to massage my skin.

Comments

  1. this looks mighty interesting. :) i love using body oil on my skin after bathing at night.. will see if my local grocery and health store has all of these ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shen yes do try these tips at home, i particularly love using rice oil because it gets absorbed in the skin very easily. do try and get it ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution