Makeup for an engagement (Evening)

I went for an engagement party. (same crowd that was there for the wedding where I went with glossy red lips was there) Dont ask, too many people getting hooked i say. And again was at a loss for what look to create. Red glossy lips was too wedding. So I went with deep pinky red for lips. Matte was a texture of choice though it was an evening do, largely because I wanted the look to be very subtle.




I mixed some of my revlon mineral foundation with Lotus Aloehydra gel. I find that this gel when mixed with foundation or used alone, gives the skin a moist , fresh and dewy look. Because it contains some alcohol , I find it vanishes easily into my oily skin, no complaints about the oiliness recurring. Also gives a light coverage, perfect for summer evening, yet keeps my skin hydrated in the AC. I dotted this magic mix all over my face. I used the vega blush brush to apply the blush very lightly. Gently blended the edges with my fingers to keep it looking natural.

On my eyes I have used the shimmer bar in bronze (Colorbar). The darkest shade in the crease and socket area, and the middle shade in the inner corners of my eyes.The palest shade was used on my browbone. I applied my good old Hashmi kajal on both my upper and lower lids. I skipped mascara because I did not want to look too dolled up.

I prepped my lips with a balm. Wiped it off. Then went over my lips with a single swipe of Chambor's desert rose (pale pinky brown- a great MLBB shade). I let this set and went over it with Revlon's Spice Red. The resulting colour was a pink that was almost red.

Hope this helps.

Comments

  1. chambor dessert rose is my fav too..it is just fab :) and u look pretty in this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always mix foundation with aloe gel and yuo're right it gives a nice dewy finish without making skin overly oily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anamika - thanks, i must say i am currently wishing that chambor comes up with a BOGO sale. i so love their lipsticks.
    @sonia - you bet , it is like a tinted moisturiser, but cheaper and dewier.
    @bhumika - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. U look gorgeous in the pic
    http://fashionquotient.blogspot.com/
    If u like we can follow each other

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u lipsy.. i am following u now.. liked ur post about summer vacations..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products