Maybelline Super Natural Compact - A review

This maybelline compact has now been discontinued, so that is super tragic. So the powder used to be called, Maybelline super natural compact powder. I had shade no. 2 , titled Beige Cognac. I brought it in 2006 and o did I love it or did I love it. Its expiry date was 3 years away, and then I was generally broke so I used this powder as though it were gold. And gold it was. The one in this picture is the second compact I had bought, it did not get over because that is how sparingly I used it once I found out that it was out of stock every where.



So what the product did was it never looked like compact, no powdery look , no whitish cast, and yet a flawless finish that lasts through the day.

Ok in all honesty here is what the product was about

Pros

It was easy to blend. I just used the stupid puff it came with. I never even needed to use a brush.
It was the perfect shade match. Just right amount of yellow and beige.
It never broke me out ever.
The best bit is it looked really natural, never for a moment did it make my skin look powdery.
It gave medium coverage, I just applied this over my moisturiser or sunscreen and I was good to go.

Cons
Almost sounds too good to be true, well here are the cons
It lasted about 5-6 hours, and would need to be reapplied after 6 hours at the most.
There was a lot of fallout around the pan, so I had to keep a special pouch for it. But I must say it was well worth it.

I know they have discontinued it. I guess this way they must sell many products in its place, a sheer foundation, translucent powder. I kid you not, the compact combined all these qualities. Then it was around 200 bucks, pretty steep for a compact 5 years ago. But this was the reason I never used a foundation.

It kept me oil free with medium coverage for 6 hours, what else could I want from it. But ever since I have been reading this blog by a beauty insider I know that this wonder product is never coming back.

Comments

  1. i would have loved to have this back, i never used it, anything which keeps me oil free for 4 hours is a miracle product for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ rentu - this was indeed a wonder product.. godsent for oily skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,where i live, still can get. it. i saw this review of urs and got it today. and LOVEEEEE IT.SO THANKS SO MUCH.
    I HAD USED POWDERS FROM LAURA MERCIER, MAC, BOBBY BROWN, LOREAL, DIOR ALL KINDS..

    BUT THIS ONE IS PERFECT FOR MY OILY SKIN
    I CHOSE NATURAL BEIGE? TONE.. AND LOVE IT.
    AND ITS SO CHEAP..!!! ITS AMAZING, DIDNT EXPECT THIS
    IT HAS MATT FINISH..

    SO THANKS! AND CHECK MY BLOGS OUT!

    http://jiwona.blogspot.com - just started it today..its about makeup and fashion

    http://elenachoe.blogspot.com = photography

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ele , so nice to hear you can still get it, this was one of the best compacts i used ever.. and this is the reason i walk up to a maybelline counter and try their compacts... will definitely check out your blog..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution