Retro Glam

Just discovered a lovely retro glamour blog. If you know me, you know my fascination for all things retro. From the full blown puffy hair, to bright lips, golden eyes.

I love the simplicity of the look , that just magically transforms into glam when you put it all together.

This blogger has put together tons of reference material, rare videos, pics, it is simply awesome. I just hope she herself did a tutorial on retro.

But I got super inspired and did a bit of retro

I was out for the evening and had some makeup on.And that explains why my makeup looks a bit lived in. But I did super enjoy the look.

This is me with my hair tied into two plaits, tucked into each other behind. Tie a plait above your left ear, not too tight so you can tuck it on the other side and adjust it well. I have super short hair , so leaving some place gives me room to move my hair around.

Sadly could not click my messy hair style as my camera's flash would not let me click my reflection, and without flash nothing would be clicked.


The second look I tried was my hair open, using a string of pearls as a hair band. You can just use any daintily patterned hair band.

IMG_5368

IMG_5375

My makeup is golden eyes using my Colorbar Shimmerbar in Bronze, Revlon's brick red on my lips, topped with a clear shimmery gloss (used one by Lakme). On my face is Lotus Herbals Makeup Stick in Shade no. 720 (that the medium shade), the B & D blush I applied has worn off but is just enough to give my cheeks some definition. I have used some Maybelling New York -Apricot Flush (a powder blush) on my eyes, and a teeny bit on my cheeks to give me an evening friendly look. I have Please excuse my filthy night t-shirt, I wore it when I applied some multani mitti.

I am planning on a tutorial soon. Lets hope it works out. But I love how bright glossy orange lips give this look the pizzazz and fun that makes it perfect for an evening out. But doesnt look dated.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products