Loving lippies

I remember a time when I always wanted to wear lipstick. That to me was a marker of growing up. It was a sign that I was now an adult and allowed to have my own makeup. And then I realised that no one around me was wearing any lipstick.Everyone was using gloss. No one even used lipstick to get their gloss to last longer. I was nearly heartbroken.

I was young and felt that sticking out too much was not a good thing to do. But I loved lipsticks, the brighter the better. This is before Maybelline, Oriflame or Avon were brands I knew about. I had no idea about texture, staying power , pigmentation. All I knew is I wanted brightly coloured lips and now I know why. The minute I wear a bright lipstick, my makeup is almost complete. It makes my skin glow, lips pop and eyes sparkle. Sounds like I am making it up, but it does.

Dont believe me do you , I will put up some pics, of makeup looks I have done just to show you how much I depend on lipsticks.

See here the retro glam look was made totally by a lipstick..

I am even guilty as charged of loving red lipstick to death. I am always looking for a red, of late I am buying pinks too, and there too it is all kinds.

So here are some of the crazy red lips photos



I must say I am loving the pinks, they almost make me look super tanned. And fresh. Very summery. I almost feel like lost somewhere between innocent childlike world and the adult subdued world with pink lips.


Here is the summery look, my flash went a bit wonky, but the pink , which was almost nude, just made me look so different than I always do.


So all you gloss lovers out there, give lipsticks a chance. I promise you they will never let you down. A shade for each day you feel like a different person, all you need is a basic red, pink, wine/plum, brown, and a golden or silver lippie to make your lips party ready. A nude lippie will keep you looking polished for work, while a red one will give you the elegance you may need for a wedding, or the rocker chic look for a night out and pink will sway between the crazy party girl with pink lips to the pretty girl next door look.

Comments

  1. You look great!!!! The first one is fab :D
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my you look gorgeous in red. Great post. I`m guilty of loving glosses more than lipsticks too. You are right, lipsticks make more of a statement. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rakshanda - thanks a ton
    @pandora - I know what you mean. Do try lipsticks, they are pretty magical. Much like your username.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products