Blemish fighting gel pack for oily skinned gals

Winter is a very difficult month for oily skinned girls, such as me, my skin is dry, and yet it is oily. But the tragedy of winters is such that I cannot reach for a clay mask. So here is a quick route out. And I must say it was fabindia's clove gel mask that gave me this smart idea. However I wanted to retain a slight amount of clay in this mask.




Clove oil is anti bacterial and anti fungal oil and is perfect to reign in those crazy blemishes and blackheads. So here is what you will need for the pack

Aloe vera gel - 2 tbsp (the kind that comes in a plastic jar works great)
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Cloves - 2-3
Multani Mitti/ Kaolin Clay - 1/2 teaspoon
Honey - 2 teaspoons
Water -2 teaspoons

Grind some cloves, or crush them and add a bit of honey. If you can make a paste of cloves all the better. I am not adding clove oil because it is super strong, and can turn your skin red if not used in a super tiny quantities. I use the desi mortar and pestle for this (i crush my cloves) and find that it helps me get the fragrance and juices of cloves into the honey. I also add a pinch of turmeric to the mixture at this time to ensure that the pack mixes well.

Add clay and water bit by bit, and in this smooth mixture add some gel, and mix well ensuring no lumps form. Smooth on the face and let dry. Wash after 15- 20 mins. Follow up with a moisturiser.

Clay draws out the excess oil, while a gel  and honey combination ensures your skin is not parched. Cloves and turmeric provide the necessary germ fighting powers while restoring your skin to its healthy glowing self without  any damaging  side effects.





Comments

  1. love all the natural grinding and use of natural stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution