At home facial for dull skin in Winters

Sorry for the long disappearance. I have been wondering why the winter in Mumbai, which actually only has two seasons namely monsoon and summer is not ending at all. We are at the end of January here and there is still a nip in the air, not to forget dryness.

The dry air is giving me so much trouble, dandruff, itchy and dry scalp and dry skin too. So here are some things I am doing to keep my skin happier.

I am sharing my elaborate at home facial that seems to be keeping atleast my skin happy.



I start with cleansing my skin thoroughly with a basic cleansing milk. Apply it generously enough to be able to massage into skin and cleanse with a wet cotton wool ball. Repeat the process till no dirt or oil comes off on the cotton. You can also take steam for 2-3 minutes at this stage for deep cleansing.


My haldi besan and almond pack
I have upped the ante by adding some almonds to my regular haldi besan. The winters seem to demand the addition. I mix this with warm milk when there is a nip in the air, and let it sit in a bowl for 5 minutes before applying it. This makes the pack absorb the milk nicely and literally double in volume.  I leave this pack on for 15- 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water. This sloughs off dead skin, gives a glow to my face and makes my skin literally baby soft. (this pack also lightens facial hair which is an added plus)

I follow the pack up with some gel creme which I make by combining a rich cream with aloe vera gel and massaging this on damp skin.

Lotus Herbals QuinceNourish is not only a nice thick night cream that smells divine, as an oily skinned girl let me tell you that it has never caused any breakouts and that is a huge compliment given how thick this cream seems. However this cream is so thick that you cannot just apply it on your face and step out. I prefer to use it as a night cream and it needs some amount of muscle work to get massaged in. This is your quintessential massage cream and I am happy with the results so far. I still mix this with aloe vera gel since my rich face pack leaves my skin moisturised and I dont need to overdo it with a rich cream.  I massage my skin for a minimum of 5 minutes with this gel creme combination and read for another 10 to 15 minutes.

Then comes the tough part, brace yourself to wash your face with cold water. This helps in closing the pores and is a good way to remove any excess oiliness. You can simply use a towel dipped in cold water to dab your face if you do not want to wash your face with cold water.

I follow this up with some cucumber gel which I feel seals in the goodness of the gel creme and also provides some extra nourishment.

This is me post the facial in question. The skin is doing well but the hair problem still remains.

And in case you wonder what i looked like before, here is a picture, but please note before the facial photo I have come home from office and not even washed my face and during the facial I have taken some naps with the face pack on and after the gel creme masaage, so I look way fresher. Ofcourse I must give credit to all these magic ingredients and beauty efforts. (the before photo got twisted. phunny i didnt see it before. so took it off.)

Comments

  1. Hey there! I happened upon your blog a couple months back and have been really enjoying going through it. Most especially all your home recipes etc. which seem to be quite simple and practical. I've been trying out a few as well.
    Cheers & keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi starshade. thanks a lot, it truly means a lot that the home recipes are being tried out and working too... will definitely keep putting up similar stuff..

      Delete
  2. nice reading the post.. and thanks for listing out this simple yet effective home cleansing method.. i am too gonna make some haldi besan and almond powder :) u look fresh post the ritual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi , thanks so much supriya. do try it out. it is super effective. this is my pre party ritual for all december and jan parties.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products