100 day no buy challenge -Update 2- Makeup Heroes

Guys this is tougher than you think. Its absolutely not easy to not buy any beauty products and make the duds you purchased work for you. I find using up makeup so much more difficult.

Some of the products that have worked wonderfully

Nyx Concealer in a Jar- Good thick creamy formula. Works perfectly well as a base for lipsticks or eyeshadows that do not show up or apply patchy. (Maybelline 14 hr range being a case in point). Nyx is very expensive if you see what its original price was in USD and its price in INR. But even then it is soooo good. People please stop selling makeup to us at twice or thrice its US price. Also amazing range of shades, matched my NC42 perfectly. This product lasts forever as a little goes a long way.

Kryolan Wet and Dry - This powder is still going strong. I admit I used to save this for special occasions. Its 1200 rs for a compact. But due to the no buy challenge I have been using this wet as a foundation. This product is a must buy if you have oily skin. Its finely milled, gives medium coverage, applies like a dream and (hold your breath) lasts in Mumbai humidity. (Kryolan please pay me for promoting this product. Oh wait I am already doing it for free.)

Kryolan Lipstick -LC213 - This lipstick has darkened over time. But no funny smell and no change in texture. I am loving the magenta colour it imparts, deep and yet office appropriate. Nude lips make me look drained if I don't do a full face. Magenta and pinks somehow pick me up. Orange is my favourite colour, but this is not office appropriate.

Diana of London Pure Addiction Lipstick- Warm Passion - This is a maroon, yes I actually paid money for this, but this is not the aunty type shade. Or maybe it is, but the formula is so creamy that your lips will love you for this. I wear this in office (blotted down) and it looks gorgeous. Btw I love this brand, but their products are targeted towards fairer skin tones. I have their Orange lipstick  (called Scarlet Orange) which is love love love. Will review these with FOTD someday.

Ben Nye Coral Crush- This is a multi purpose cream formula. Supposed to be used as an all in one. I have used this as a blush and it is just brilliant. Lovely pigmentation, reasonably priced and blends beautifully. A must buy if you are a warm toned wheatish complexioned girl.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution