Skincare Staples Review - Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3 In 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock - SPF 40 PA+++

As a beauty blogger, running out of something is a big huge achievement. Most of us often succumb to a newer product before we are finished with what we have on our shelf. Sometimes it is also a great process of self discovery. We realize that we have it in us to see a challenge/product through.

So without further ado, here is my first empties, since the list is that small, I am doing a review of these products as well. Also reviewing these two since I have used these two for a while now, the gel for about 6 months and the sunblock for 4 years or more. And believe me when I say it, I will always repurchase this. So here is the review.

First up, sunscreen.  Here is what it is really called- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3 In 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock - SPF 40 PA+++
Long name right.  But I simply go and ask the shopkeeper for Lotus Sunscreen for oily skin and he gives me this. Always. That in itself is a big plus, easy availability. 


Here is what the bottle looks like (in case you have not seen this)
 And here is the swatch
You do not really need to see a skincare product swatch. But this swatch is here to tell you that you should not expect miracles from anything ever. Even if you love it. Repeat this twice and then read the remaining review. 

Pros 
  • This is a perfect product for oily skinned girls living in humid climates. It never lets you down and keeps oil off for a while. 
  • It appears to give a very very very light coverage. (no this is not a CC cream), the coverage is too light. 
  •  Never broke me out or led to skin allergies, even when my skin was being a little moody. 
  • Texture is just perfect. It is watery enough and mattifying enough to keep your oily skin happy. I can often skip moisturiser and apply this directly. 
  • Reasonably priced at INR 235 (I always buy this in twos and there is often some offer or minor discount on it) compared to its market peers, Neutrogena, Banana Boat which are all in the range of  INR 500  (is it just me, or does this smell terribly plasticky)
  • Easily available - A decent chemist will also stock this. No need to find beauty supply stores or buy online (where they sometimes give you products on their deathbed) 
 Cons
  • The coverage is too light. You will need to layer on your base. Not a good product to wear under a full face. 
  • Blending- As you saw in the swatch this is a product that does not quite blend into your skin. Well sunscreens are not supposed to, they should sit on top of your skin and protect it. But spreading this and letting it settle takes a while. Makes my morning routine longer.
  • Clumping.- I apply this 5 minutes before I put any other makeup on so that it doesn't form those clumps, those small little balls of makeup goo. Also the product dries up and congeals at the bottle opening super fast. 
Overall - This is a must buy if you are looking for a good, easy on the pocket sunscreen, that does what it promises. If you think this is a CC cream, please do not waste your time or money. On my NC 42 skin, this shade would give the pinkish ghostly look if it was a CC cream, so I am not complaining. I have always repurchased this. In fact I have another backup at home. As a Bombay girl with oily skin, this one will really be a god sent. 

PS- I do not spend the full day outdoors, I do a desk job, so I am not sure how this performs for more than 4-5 hours out in the sun. Since that is the extent of my weekend outings during the day. Mind you this sunscreen survived an April afternoon lunch. 

Comments

  1. Hi Supriya,

    Greetings from CouponRani.com!

    My name is Gayathry V Pillai and I am responsible for the content outreach program at CouponRani.com. I happened to view your blog while browsing for blogs related to beauty and makeup and finds it very impressive.

    I would like to contribute a content related to the same on your prestigious blog so that we both can take benefits. We would be sending you the content written by our experts and it will be copyscape passed.

    Let me know if you are interested.


    Regards,

    Gayathry V Pillai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayathri, thanks for the compliment. i am not really using my blog to earn a living and i have certain notions about the content i want on my blog. so am not so keen on outsourcing. thanks for the offer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunsilk Yellow Review- Old wine in a new bottle

Beauty products from my childhood or Inflation proof wonder products

Dandruff problem - Quick Solution